Reports to: Head Waitress / Home Manager
Main function of the job:
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such duties as may reasonably be required).
- To deliver food prepared in the main kitchen or one of the kitchenettes to residents either in their private rooms or in the communal dining room.
- To maintain catering skills at a current level, and undertake such training and development as may from time-to-time be required to maintain that currency of practice.
- To provide catering services in accordance with current best practice, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements, relevant regulations under the supervision of the qualified nurse and the direction of the Home Manager. To maintain patient confidentiality and dignity at all times
- Develop effective working relationships with the other employees within the Home.
- Support an open, positive and inclusive working culture.
- Participate in the development of the Home’s policies.
- Participate in evaluation of the Home against agreed organizational goals, business, and quality objectives.
- Work to establish effective employer-employee relationships.
- Participate in the maintenance of the Home’s management information systems.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of care policies and procedures related to the delivery of food.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the standards required by legislation related to the registration of the Home.
- Act within the Home’s budget based on the Home’s objectives and within the projected revenue.
- Work in a cost-effective manner.
- Be involved in the implementation and maintenance of the Home’s quality assurance programme.
- Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the care standards and care service provision.
- Systematically solve day-to-day problematical issues which arise.
Provision of Catering Services
- Providing waitering services within the dining rooms.
- Provide room service dinning.
- Implement action to meet and maintain care and food hygiene standards.
- Work in cooperation with other members of the team in order to maximize opportunities for residents therapeutic care.
- Ensure Residents’ rights are
- Encourage a model of self-care and rehabilitation, including self feeding.
- Have an understanding of basic first aid measures
- Maintain a suitable environment for residents, visitors and staff.
- Demonstrate an awareness of safety with respect to the patients’ environment, keeping the ward / department tidy and undertaking light cleaning duties
- Responsible for the inventory of crockery, cutlery and bed linen, taking appropriate action when there are irregularities
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate verbally with all people concerned with the well being of the Resident
Professional Long Term Care Leadership:
- Encourage high food hygiene strategies.
- Encourage health promotion within catering strategies.
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Promote a positive image for residency and employment within the Home.
Management of the Human Resources:
- Cooperate with the implementation, evaluation, orientation and induction of all new employees.
- Support the implementation of the Home’s policies and procedures. 3. Support the effective resolution of team conflicts.
- Support a work atmosphere which promotes a high quality of work life.
- Support and maintain a culture of performance and excellence.
One or the following qualifications:
- Food Handling Certificate